Software Architect for a Transparency Platform for Power plantsVacancies
The customer is a German company operating in the "green" energy industry. It has a presence in attractive markets in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific. The company employs about 19,000 people worldwide and has a clear goal: to achieve zero energy consumption by 2040.
The project is to develop a transparency platform for power plants that provides all data on electricity generation.
- Reviewing and assessing the status of existing software and assisting in defining the development roadmap for a standard control solution for the customer’s battery power plants;
- Developing new control concepts and features to enable new applications;
- Providing technical specifications for control systems of battery power plants based on high-level system requirements;
- Providing detailed technical specifications for the subcomponents in the control system, including functionality, states, and interfaces;
- Running verification studies based on simulation and HIL results to prove the control solution according to the system requirements;
- Ensuring the integrity of the control solution by supporting software development in all its stages and providing guidance for test automation, source code control, and system verification;
- Working with Senior developers to select the best technology for hosting the control system;
- Supporting software deployment and commissioning;
- Promoting Agile methodologies that ensure constant collaboration with key stakeholders and open communication with developers;
- Supporting a Team Lead of Software in the improvement and definition of workflows within the team.
- Completed MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Control Engineering, or similar field of engineering;
- Experience in designing and implementing systems for 6+ years;
- Excellent understanding of control theory and architecture in power plants, preferably battery power plants;
- Proven experience in successfully implementing control systems in renewable energy plants;
- Proficiency in modeling and simulating electrical power systems according to the MBD approach;
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink for control development;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, vitality, and self-dependence;
- Deep passion for solving challenges that come with the decarbonization of the electricity markets;
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology, task management, and software tools for collaboration and work efficiency improvement;
- Familiarity with the concept of version control and GIT utilization.
- Experience with automatic code generation using MathWorks toolboxes;
- Experience with PLC programming;
- Familiarity with hardware selection for embedded software;
- Experience with grid-code compliance;
- Familiarity with business process mapping.
Reasons to join us
Andersen is a pre-IPO software development company that provides a full cycle of services. For over 14 years, we have been helping enterprises and middle-sized firms worldwide transform their businesses by creating effective digital solutions using innovative technologies.
We welcome true specialists no matter what country they live in. Salaries at Andersen are pegged to the USD, and employees are provided with a social package and an extensive set of bonuses.
- Cooperation with such businesses as Samsung, Johnson & Johnson, Ryanair, Europcar, TUI, Verivox, Media Markt, Shypple, etc. This project is just your beginning here — working with us means reliability and prospects;
- Excellent teams with streamlined processes and an opportunity to change the project. There are also systems of mentoring and adaptation for each new employee;
- Many different ways to grow: you can develop expertise in different business domains and improve as a specialist or a manager. Transparent performance review and assessment systems will allow you to determine your development path and plan your growth;
- Flexible start of the working day: from 7 AM to 11 AM. You can telecommute, work at the office, or opt for a hybrid schedule — whatever is convenient for you;
- Referral programs and an opportunity to additionally earn up to $1,500 per month by participating in the company's activities;
- Access to the corporate training portal, where the entire knowledge base of the company is collected and which is constantly updated;
- Such perks as private health insurance, English language courses, and certification compensation (AWS, PMP, etc.).
We'll be glad to see you in our team!
Still looking for your dream job in IT? Click here to see the full list of vacancies with Andersen's team. We are constantly opening new positions!